Friday, November 26, 2010

Post Thanksgiving thoughts

What a great idea someone had to have a Thanksgiving Day. It dates back to 1621 and the Pilgrims feast but the first official Thanksgiving holiday was proclaimed in 1863 by President Abraham Lincoln. It is basically an American holiday. It is a shame all people in all countries do not celebrate a day of Thanksgiving. We  have much to be thankful for in the United States, Despite our recent recession and other political issues our country has been blessed beyond measure. God is Good!! Last night as I sat by the fireplace with the fire roaring, just after watching football and overeating a fabulous meal I thought how fortunate I have been in my life. I know the Lord as personal savior, I have a beautiful and loving wife, the Lord allowed me to adopt two unbelievable girls and I had a career that provided me with  hundreds of friends and a lifetime of memories. Thank You Lord!!

1 comment:

  1. Frank, your Thanksgiving thoughts reminded me of one of my favorite writers, the incredible Ben Stein. I read this piece every Thanksgiving to remind myself to be grateful. I ought to read it every day!

    http://www.benstein.com/112705tg.html

    ReplyDelete